How to install a caravan awning?
When doing it for the first time, setting an awning on a caravan or a camper may end being difficult. These videos, describing different models, should help you to install your awning without difficulty.
- Install your caravan on a flat surface to avoid different levels for the awning's legs.
- Don't install your caravan to close to the sea, the spray may ruin the canvas.
- Install the frame first, beginning with the angles then the legs with the help of several people to lift the roof.
- Completely close the awning's zips before stretching the canvas and securing the installation into the ground.
- Apply a greasy product (like a lubricant) on the bars to assemble them more easily.
- Tightly stretch the roof of the awning to prevent water from accumulating.
- Once the awning is installed, use coloured tape to mark the frame and the poles. This should make the next assembling easier.
- To prevent any damps stains or decay, clean the whole equipment and let it dry before storing it.
Setting Up A Caravan Roll Out Awning – Top Tourist Parks
- Unblock the travel locks at both ends.
- Undo the ratchet.
- Pull the awning.
- Pull the arms.
- Put the legs up and lock them.
- Lock the arms support.
- Unblock and install the centre support arm.
- To close the awning, just reverse the order of the opening steps.
How to Erect a Caravan Awning
- Lay out the frame in front of the caravan.
- Unfold the awning.
- Put the two front panels aside.
- Find the leading edge of the awning bead and feed it into the awning channel.
- Feed the awning all the way around the channel.
- Attach the brackets pads.
- Assemble the frame to the awning, starting with the centre roof pole.
- Attach the centre leg and angle it back towards the caravan.
- Install the side roof poles and legs.
- Attach the front poles.
- Adjust the leg heights.
- Attach the canopy tension poles.
- Zip in the two front panels.
- Make sure the mudwall is tucked underneath the awning.
- Attach and secure the pegs.
Crusader Denver Caravan Awning Erection
- Thread the awning skirt through the bottom awning rail.
- Lay out the frame.
- Thread the canopy along the awning channel.
- Attach the bracket pads.
- Install the poles, starting with the middle then the sides.
- Add the inner and front poles.
- Zip the side and front panels.
- Attach the curtains.
- Secure the installation with the pegs.
This article to learn how to install a caravan awning was written by Cécile Lessard